Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Japanese Cream Buns

After few days of steaming recipes I finally came back with baking..;p Alot to bake from my "waiting list" but I'll like some simple bread or buns first. There are lost to bake for this coming weekend and lots of plans for the coming weeks until X'mas! Wow....I'm so excited and can't wait for the days to come..:D
Alright now, for today's post....Japanese Cream Bread. I'm not sure why this buns has such title but its definitely a good one.

Ingredients:
(A)
120g bread flour
85g boiling water

(B)
380g bread flour
70g sugar
1/4tsp salt
8g instant yeast

(C)
120g cold milk
100g whipping cream
1 egg

(D)
40g butter

**Some cheddar cheese and dried basil leaves for topping.

Method:
~ Mix (A) well-blended to form a dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep into refridgerator for 12 hours. (It can be more than 12 hrs but not less)
~ Mix (B) until well blended. Add in (C) and knead to form rough dough. Add in (A) and knead mix.
~ Add in (D) and knead to form an elasic dough.
~ Let proof for 1 hour, divide the dough into small portions. (about 80g each) and mould it round. Let rise for another 10 minutes.
~ Roll it into a long oval shape then brush top with some beaten egg and sprinkle some cheddar cheese and dried basil leaves. Then let proof double in size.
~ Bake at 190'C for 10-15 minutes.

Its super soft and has a creamy taste. YUMMY!!
Just imagined I have 10 buns 2 hours ago, but now I left only 4!!! So this shows that I've succeed for another bread recipe...haha!


Hope you'll like this recipe too..:)
Cheers!!


5 comments:

  1. This looks good my friend! Seems like you are getting so good in bread making already yeh. Will try this out when I get the chance, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning after read your post. I quickly get into my kitchen to make some cream buns as I have some leftover cream in the fridge. Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last sunday I had made this similar breads but omitted the whipping cream and dried basil leaves. I should add those things in next bake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee Bee,
    I need practice ma, so have to make more...lol.
    Its getting better compare to last time...heehee. Thanks to your advice too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitchen Corner,
    Ooo...you mean you try this recipe? How do you like it?

    Wai Kitt,
    I like the taste of the cream and also basil leaves. I, too will add more for the next attempt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails