Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Teacher's Day!!

"Happy Teacher's Day" to all teachers out there and "Happy Teaching"...;)

My girl has been asking me to bake a cake for her teachers to celebrate Teacher's Day today at her school. Well, its a last minute notice actually, so I searched through my house, all I can bake is a cheese cake I told her. She said ok, and she start looking for the decos for me..haha! At the end we did went out to get some fresh blueberries and mint leaves.;p



Just something simple here coz I don't have enough time to whip some cream to it. Well, guess cheese cakes doesn't need any cream though. A similar recipe from the Chocolate Marble Cheese i did previously. Only spoons some blueberry fillings in the center of the cheese batter before cover it with the remaining cheese. Then bake, cool, glaze and deco..:)



Packed and sent to school this morning and asked teacher to reserve a piece for me to take a picture inside..hee hee..;p


Here is it...a look at the yummy cake! Hope the teachers enjoy the cake and once again I'll like to wish all Teachers...."HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY"!!

*******************************************
Well not to forget about myself..;) Made myself a yummy Mango Cheese Cake for tea!
A simple recipe adapted from my aunt's friend. Well she demonstrated this cake while selling her mixer. Anyway, we didn't buy that particular mixer but took home this lovely recipe..hahaha!

Share it? Sure....here is it!
Base:
300g Digestive Biscuits (crushed)
100g Butter (melted)
Filling:
(A)
200g Mango Puree
50ml Mango juice
1.5 tbsps Gelatine
(B)
375g Cream Cheese
100g Castor sugar
1 tbsp Lemon juice
200g Whipping Cream
~ Mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuits and press onto a 9x9" loose base pan. Freeze.
~ Cook (A)-double boiling, until gelatine disolve and cool.
~ Beat cheese and sugar till creamy
~ Add in lemon juice then (A)
~ Beat whipping cream until firm and mix into the cheese mixture.
~ Pour onto prepare pan and chill until firm
Topping:
300g mango puree
75ml mango juice
1 tbsp Castor sugar
3 tbsps Cornflour
~ Cook ingredients in a pot until sugar disolve and turn slightly thick.
~ Cool slightly and pour onto firm cheese cake, chill again until the topping turns firm.
~ Cut and serve!



Hmmm....its just too delicious to say no for 2nd and 3rd piece..;p
Have a nice weekend everyone!!!


9 comments:

  1. Wow... your cheesecakes looks delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I have some for my afternoon tea since I can not eat my lemon poppy seed cake ? hehehe..this look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mango cheesecake. I am bookmarking this to try out but since Carlos is not a mango fan I might replace it with strawberry or something. Thanks for sharing this Reese. You have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely cake...lucky Teacher Ching, hahaha! BTW, I think I have made this mango cheesecake before! I made it on last year's Mother's Day....heehee. Must be super yummy...good thing I also have cheesecake, else I only get to drool. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~Janice, thanks! Yours is nice too...:)

    ~Sonia, sure you can. Come over? heehee..;p Did your lemon butter cake just now...super yummy!

    ~Gert, the actual recipe uses "Apricot". Maybe you can try that too..;)

    ~Bee Bee, the cake actually meant for all teachers..heehee..:) Ooo...you did that mango cheese? Its actually uses Apricot, but I changed..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neatly cut! Have not done a no bake cheesecake before come to think of it. Must try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mr Lonely, welcome to my blog, and I'll view urs soon...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it Teacher's Day? I thought it is celebrated in Sept?

    Like your cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi tigerfish,
    We celebrate Teacher's Day in May in Malaysia..;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails