Cookies! It was quite a long time since my last baked of cookies. These were quite special, and delicious. Good to go with a cup of tea!
These were made very last minute when I was told that we are going to meet some friends for dinner. I've never bake anything for them before, so I hope they will like it. By looking at the pictures here, they may taste good ..haha! Why I said that?...because I, myself had never tried it and I dare to give it away...LOL!!
Recipe was taken from a book named "The Great Big Cookies Book" by Hilaire Walden. I didn't really follow the ingredients stated in the book, instead I've changed most of it.
190g plain flour
100g ground hazelnut
1 tsp vanilla essence
350g strawberry jam
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla essence and add in flour and ground hazelnut.
- Mix well to form a dough. Cover with cling wrap and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven at 170'C, line baking sheets in different trays.
- Divide dough into portions, roll each piece out on floured surface to a thickness of 3mm.
- Cut the dough with pastry cutter (any desire shape) shown above.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown and cooked. Cool them on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, melt the jam with lemon juice until it comes to a simmer.
- Cool the jam, and spread onto the biscuits and sandwich together.
Yummy right! Try try try...:))