Monday, July 29, 2013

Lemon Cupcakes with Coffee Cream


It has been quite a long time since last post, huh?! Yup...getting lazier and lazier with anything creative but at least I do bake all the old recipes again and again. Well, time flies and its the end of July, school holiday will starts soon and I'm going to enjoy this coming holiday to the fullest...:)
Here, a simple recipe that I've got from  the 200 cupcakes by Joanne Farrow. I modified the recipe to suit my taste.


Ingredients:
125g butter
120g sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsps lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon rind
150g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50g almond flakes

Cream:
2 tbsps Coffee paste
100g cream
50g sugar
1 egg yolk




Method:
~ Cream butter and sugar till fluffy then add in eggs and stir well.
~ Add in lemon rind and lemon juice and mix well.
~ Add in flour and baking powder and mix well.
~ Spoon into prepared cups and sprinkle the almond flakes on top of the cupcakes. Bake in the preheated oven at 180'C for 20 minutes.
~ Meanwhile melt the sugar, cream and coffee paste in a bowl (double boil), add in egg yolk and off the heat. Stir well and beat the mixture to a snooth texture, shown below.
~ Transfer the smooth cream into a piping bag then slowly pump the cream into the cool cupcakes from the center.
~ Chill the cake before serving.


Try this simple recipe for your light tea break, I'm sure you'll like it.
The texture is so soft with the zest of lemon taste. You can always ignore the coffee cream if you like, the cupcakes are as tasty as they look.


CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm Francesca and I'm Italian. Your blog is very nice and this recipe is definitely very good. I Imota to your members. If you want to follow me too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails