Thursday, January 13, 2011

Simple Pandan and Raisins Swiss Roll

Another 3 weeks we'll be celebrating Chinese New Year. Busy baking cookies? I've planned the cookies that I'm going to bake and did some testing these few days. So stay tune for my cookies..;p
Well, this is the 2nd week of the school, and I'm happy that I've finally got the timing adjusted and have some time to bake too. So today's bake is a swiss roll. A very simple recipe that you can have it with any flavours you like.

The colour of the roll is alittle light here for my pandan juice was not that condense. Further more I have no pandan paste in my house..*gosh*. Anyway it still taste alright..haha!

Recipe makes a small roll with a 10x12" pan.
(A)
50g cornoil
55g plain flour
40ml coconut milk
1/2 tbsp pandan juice
1/2 tsp pandan essence (optional)
1 whole egg
3 egg yolks
15g sugar
(B)
3 egg whites
60g sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
** Some whipping cream and raisins for fillings.
Method:
~ Whisk eggs and sugar from (A) until fluffy, then add in oil and continue to whisk.
~ Add in the rest of the ingredients in (A) and mix well.
~ Whisk egg white with cream of tartar until foamy and add in sugar. Whisk until a soft peak forms.
~ Fold egg whites into egg yolk batter slowly (divide into 3 times)
~ Pour onto a greased and lined with parchment paper (10x12") swiss roll pan.
~ Bake at 175"c for 12-15 mins.
~ Transfer cake immediately onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before spreading the whipped cream and sprinkle some raisins.
~ Roll up the roll gently and chill before slicing.
Cheers!!


6 comments:

  1. The texture of the cake looks pillow soft! Great job! Simple and yet delicious, yum yum! I am so looking forward to your new year bakes! hopefully I will be able to go there and taste it personally, heehee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the swiss roll looks really light and fluffy! adore u for making such a lovely roll, mine always crack =S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese,
    You can blend ur pandan leaf with the coconut milk. I've some doing that to minimize the water being used.
    Or use more pandan juice and use coconut milk powder instead. Sometimes I prefer coconut milk powder for chiffons, so that I can use more juice, and the balance of powder can be kept for a long time in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya the color of swiss roll cant tell is pandan flavour but still looks soft and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ Bee Bee, thank you so much. I still can remember how was my swiss roll before you taught me how..haha! Really?? We are so happy to see you then...I'll tell the rest about this good news..:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ Jean, thank you...:) Mine was all cracks and dry before...need alot practice...;p

    ~ Wendy, thanks for the idea of coconut powder. I did try before the powder with other kuehs but somehow find the taste abit artificial leh..;p Still prefer the fresh ones.

    ~ Jess, thank you...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails