Thursday, February 24, 2011

Butter Cinnamon Rolls

What's for breakfast this morning? This is the question that you'll probably ask every morning. Do you?...haha! We did!! Every morning we will crack our head for what to eat before we start our day, and if we were out late to office that day we will prabably grab some bread with butter or jam and a cup of coffee.
Well, but not today! I've baked some cinnamon rolls this morning and we did had a good breakfast before we go. You'll probably think that I have to knead and rise the dough in the middle of the night..huh...;p Nope!! This recipe is a quick and easy one and you'll get a fresh and soft cinnamon bread right away!!

I've done this long time ago, and don't ask me why I've only do it again now...haha! Too many recipes in my to-do-list! The recipe was adapted from a simple DIY book, but with some changes I made up myself..;p

Recipe:
280g Bread flour
15g Milk powder
60g castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
70g water
6g instant yeast
100g fresh milk
50g butter
Method:
~ Mix all ingredients together except butter in a mixer, mix until a dough forms.
~ Add in butter and knead until you get an elastic dough.
~ Brush a deep bowl with some butter, and leave the dough to rise in it for 1 hour. (covered with cling wrap)
~ Then transfer it into the fridge and chill over night.
~ Take out the dough from the fridge and let it stand for 5 minutes, then roll flat.
~ Brush a thin layer of butter on the flat dough and sprinkle enough cinnamon powder and brown sugar as you desire.
~ Roll up like a swiss roll and cut into sections.
~ Place on a greased pan and let it double in size for 10 minutes. Brush with beaten eggs.
~ Bake in preheated oven, 190'C for 20 minutes.


See the texture here...it was unexpectedly soft!
The recipe makes 8 (slightly smaller than those selling outside).
Let me tell you how I plan my time for this recipe. I've started to make the dough at 9pm then chilled the dough at around 10pm++. This morning I started at 830am, then we had a great breakfast by 9am...:)
Its just that simple, and you get what you want..:)


Cheers!! Have a nice day...:)


9 comments:

  1. the house must have smelled really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reese! These look so wonderful and I bet they taste equally fabulous!And nice time planning on getting freshly bakes ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah...sounds like speedy fast cinnamon buns! I guess it's good that it can chill the shaped dough overnight in fridge..then just bake the next morning, how convenient! Good idea...should try that next time, heehee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it look so nicely baked! the texture is like so soft and fluffy! im sure it taste yummy! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious ! Makes me hungry for one now !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reese, it has been sometime since I last bake cinnamon rolls. Thanks for the reminder. Your cinnamon rolls looks soft and fluffy. I can imagine eating your rolls with a cup of freshly brewed coffee in the morning and enjoy the fragrance of the rolls at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the smell of cinnamon rolls. I don't mind waking up to the smell of these beautiful rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~ Swee San, ya lorr...the whole house smells cinnamon that morning..haha!

    ~ travellingfoodies thank you...:)

    ~ Bee Bee, ya! This is really good and fast. You should try..:) I was thinking to bake again next week..;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~ The Sweetylicious, thank you.

    ~ Joyce, Thank you too..:)

    ~ Veron, thanks! Ya, it goes well of a cup of hot coffee...my favourite!!

    ~ Gert, thank you..:) I don't mind too if there's my favourite food..heehee!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails