Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Sister's Pre-Wedding Cake

It's my sister's wedding yesterday and before her big day, we had a small family gathering (her pre-wedding night) at the hotel suite. Well, it was a great night after gathered with my parents and sisters, then my husband and me sneaked out for a good movie and a super good supper...hehehe!!
Right, about the cake....I've actually planned to make this for my sister on her wedding day but with not much confidence, I decided to make a small one for her pre-wedding night. Anyway it ends up cutting the cake the next morning when the groom was here....:)) I did has good compliments and all the Woooos & Ahhhhs about the cake, but I'm not satisfied with it...real rough work I did!! You'll see....;p

I did some white roses to decorate the cake, at least I'm quite satisfied with the flowers. (but not the finishing of the cake)

See...now you know why I said that....so terribly done right?!! Well, well....I know the fondant to cover the cake was too thin but I have no more time and no more extra fondant to do it again. I was so frustrated at that moment and was actually sweating while thinking what am I going to do to cover all that.....that ugly parts!!

So, first I covered the sides with some white patterned fondant as ribbons...haha! see from far, at least it looked better....;p
Then with the roses and butter cream, I did my best to covered the whole cake (those ugly parts) as much as I can.

My dear friend did gave me some advice and tips to touch up the cake and make it look even better but by that time, visitors started to come and I was so busy by then. So at the end, the cake was left the way it was...haha!

But....the cake tastes delicious!! This I have no doubt at all. It was real good that everyone forgot about the decoration...LOL!!
This recipe was actually taken from a book which I can say, it was a terrible book. The recipe which printed in this book was in English and Mandarin, but both was printed with different measurements and ingredients!! Can you imagine that...:(
Therefore, I did my own version for this recipe...which was real good and well received..:)

Coffee Almond Butter Cake:
275g Butter
200g sugar
5 eggs
3 tbsps milk
1 tbsp coffee paste
230g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
60g nibbed almonds

Method:
~ Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add in eggs one at a time. Continue beating for another 4-5 minutes.
~ Add in milk and coffee paste, mix well.
~ At low speed fold in flour and baking powder. Mix well.
~ With a spatula, mix in nibbed almonds.
~ Pour in a 9" round tin ( I used two 6" round tins ) and bake at 180'C for 45 minutes.

Trust me, this cake taste really good and you'll want to have more after one slice...^^

Last but not least, I'll like to wish my sister all the best in everything and have a wonderful honeymoon!! Congratulations dear sister...:))

Cheers!!

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake is beautiful! Congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very impressive cake! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese...gosh! that was a beautiful cake you have made...the white roses are lovely ..well done and a very good start too. Congratulations to your sister and she is blessed to have you to make such a beautiful wedding cake for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reese, this is very good already. I'm impressed too. I gave you 4/5 stars. Congrats to the newly weds...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone...:) I'm really glad that the cake still look impressive that day...I'll do better with more practice!!...^^
    Oh....and thanks for the blessings to the newly weds..:)(on behalf of my sister)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..wow.. you are great! You must have spent alot of time to make those roses. They are beautiful. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails