Thursday, April 12, 2012

Toffee Milk Cheese Buns

At last I got to make these yummy buns which I've been planning for months...hehe! I've been so lazy and was too lazy to do anything including the daily chores at home..;p Got to push myself alittle bit more into my kitchen from now on...or else all my baking stuff will get expire soon!!

Alright, here's the buns...Toffee Milk Cheese Buns. The toffee has been sitting in my fridge since my last baked of my Banoffee Tarts. There are still some more there, so I'm planning to make something else with it.

These buns are really soft and not that much time consumed. There are no 1st or 2nd proofing needed...it's all in 1!!
Recipe taken from the book DIY Home Bread, but I've done quite alot changes with it.

Here it goes....
60g toffee
20g egg
160g cold water
1/2 tsp salt
5g instant yeast
260g bread flour
40g plain flour
5g milk powder
30g butter

Topping:
egg wash
little fine sugar
some cheddar cheese

Method:
~ Put all ingredients into the mixer except butter and knead into a dough.
~ Add in butter and let the machine do the work for about 15 minutes until an elastic dough formed.
~ Placed dough in a cleaned deep bowl and covered with cling form and rest for 45 minutes.
~ Make 12 small balls and let rest for 15 mins.
~ Cut each small balls into half and roll into short strips and braid it.
~ Let rest for another 10 mins then brush with beaten egg, sprinkle some fine sugar and topped with cheddar cheese.
~ Bake at 190-200'C for 12-15 mins.

These buns are so soft and yummy. My daughter took 2 buns right after her dinner. (her dinner was a big plate of speghetti) So it can tell how nice was this buns, right?!
I've shared some with my best friend, and hopefully she'll let me know whether she likes it or not...hehe! Think I should call her now...LOL!!

Cheers!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad that you are baking again. Think of it as a therapeutic thing and you will do it more often ya? Love the texture of the soft bread....And again another unique name, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee Bee,
    Yeah....but today lazy again..hehe! I'll try to bake more, as you said take it as a therapeuticthing...^^

    Wendy,
    Pindah here la...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And where is my share??? hahaha like Wendy so demanding eh :P Well done, the bun looks soft , fluffy and I bet the toffee aroma is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elin,
    Hehehe....next time horr...;p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails