It's a great day with good mood because my stress has finally over!!!..haha!! Why?! Maybe you'll say I'm crazy....:p It was a "stress off" day just because my daughter's school exam has finally over...LOL!! It seems like I'm the one who is sitting for the exam huh!! Anyways, all done and I can relax and start to bake alittle more and go shopping!!
Here the first cake after the stressful days....an Oreo Cheese Cake for a dear friend's son's birthday.
We had a simple but a very happy and relax celebration for the boy....:))
Very creamy and delicious, and most of the kids asked me whether it's an ice-cream cake!! So you can imagine how's it taste like. It does taste exactly like the McDonald's Oreo Mcfluffy!! The kids love it!!
Here'e the recipe,
Ingredients for the crust:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup fine sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg (size B)
3/4 cup plain flour
1/3 cup wholemeal flour
3 tbps ground oreo biscuits
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence together till well mix.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and beat well.
- Press into a 6" round ring pan.
- Bake at 180'C for 20-25 miunutes or till done. Set aside till cool.
Ingredients for the filling:
1 tbsp gelatine + 1/4 cuphot water
375g cream cheese
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 cup dairy cream
3 tbsps ground oreo biscuits
- Mix gelatine with water then bring to double boil until the gelatine are all well melted. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, condensed milk and cream till smooth.
- Add cooled gelatine and beat in ground oreo biscuits.
- Pour into the cooled crust and refrigerate till firm.
- Decorate with oreo biscuits at the side and top as you desire.
The picture of the sliced cake was not too clear and it was almost melted by the time we cut the cake. So it is the best to serve right after taking out from the fridge. Hope you guys like it ya!