Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mocha Butter Cupcakes

Hi my fellow readers...I'm back! There were quite a lot things happened the past few weeks! My mother-in-law has passed away peacefully 2 weeks ago and we were all back in hometown for almost a week for her funeral. And finally when everything was settled and what's more....I have to start doing revisions with my daughter's coming school term exams. 
Well, no matter how busy I am, I will not forget to bake or cook for my family. And here is a simple and quick mocha marble butter cupcakes for our afternoon tea yesterday.


Ingredients:
6 eggs
200g butter
180g castor sugar
250g self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup full cream milk
2 tbsps mocha paste
2 tbsps melted chocolate

How to make mocha paste:
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp espresso
1 tbsp instant coffee powder (i used nescafe)
~ Mix together to make a smooth paste


Method:
~ Preheat oven at 170'C
~ Melt the chocolate in a double boiler then remove from heat and add in mocha paste. Mix well and set aside.
~ Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy then add in eggs one at a time.
~ At low speed add in flour and milk alternately, always starts and ends with dry ingredients: (this is to get a smooth texture of the cake)
~ Take out 1/4 portion or less of the batter and mix well the mocha mixture. Mix well.
~ Spoon a tablespoonful butter batter into prepared paper cups then another tablespoonful of mocha batter then cover the top with alittle more butter batter. (remember only filled up 3/4 full of the paper cups) 
~ Use a fork and make a swirl from the bottom of the cupcake.
~ Bake at 170'C for 25 minutes.

I enjoyed this with a cup of my favourite Long Black!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails