Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Baked Tuna Pasta

These few days has been very lazy...;p After sending my daughter to school, i'll just sit by my laptop playing some games....blah blah blah......that's it! Half a day gone...;p Hee hee! You must have been thinking what on earth s happening to me?? Nothing wrong actually....it was just that my husband is away for his bussiness trip, my dear friend (my baking companion) is away for holiday..;) Guess i have to start baking some bread, cakes and other snacks for my daughter..:) She has been complaining that's nothing for her breakfast and tea...haha! Come on!! Take away those lazy bones and get started!

So then i started with her favourite....Pasta! But with alittle changes....."Baked Pasta".



Its yummy! That's her comment...:)
Another of those recipes that were handed down to me by my friend but i have made changes since then. Anyway if you like more cheesy texture, cheese can be added inside or more on the topping.
Here's the recipe......

250g Pasta or Macaroni
2 tbsps Olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
** Boil together till the pasta or macaroni are cooked. Set aside.

Ingredients for sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Plain flour
1/2 cup Fresh milk
1/2 cup Water
1 small can Tuna flakes in oil (drained)
1 small can (200g) Cream of mushroom
1 small Green Capsicum (chopped)
1 small Red Capsicum (chopped) -I used yellow
Salt and pepper to taste
Mozzarella Cheese for topping

Method:
~ Melt butter and add in flour. Stir well.
~ Add in water, milk and cook till creamy.
~ Add in tuna flakes, then cream of mushroom and capsicums.
~ Add in salt and pepper to taste.
~ Stir in cooked pasta and mix well
~ Pour into a Pyrex dish or any baking tray and topped with mozzarella cheese.
~ Bake at 190-200'C for 10 minutes or till cheese melts. Serve hot.


Mmm....really taste good..:) With those crispy cheese on top and the creamy sauce inside...YUMMY! I think kids like it more this way than the plain old way of creamy sauce pasta.

Its easy to prepare, only needs about 30 minutes. The amount of the ingredients here serves 4 adults, but my daughter took quarter of it...haha!



Try it out then you'll know!...............Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails