Thursday, January 14, 2010

Banana Rolls with Gula Melaka

What would you do if you reach home one day after work and found out that your toilet's floor is full with water and almost like flood? Arrrrrgh....that's what happen to me yesterday..:( The water pipe from the basin burst due to the water pressure and i was panic once i opened the door. I was totally stunned before i turned off the main pipe. Well, everything were wet and it took me hours to clean up those things. And guess what? Today, another pipe gave me problem while i was halfway washing my curtains. This time it didn't burst but stuck! What is going on with all the pipes in my house...goodness me!

That was the most horrible thing that ever happened to me. Yeah, all fixed now and i hope there won't be any more surprise in the coming days..^^"

Alright, enough of those pipes things. Lets get into food...:) Since i've not much time after all the repairing and cleaning, I still feel like baking or cooking something to please myself. Here it goes, a very simply and easy recipe which I got from the magazine. Its really easy and it only took me 20 minutes to prepare.



It don't just look nice, and it really taste good!

Ingredients for the syrup:
250g Gula Melaka or palm sugar (roughly crushed)
180ml Water
2 tbsps Sugar
5 Pandan leaves, tied into a knot


Ingredients for the rolls:
4 medium eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tbsps evaporated milk
10 slices Bread, crusts removed
10 golden bananas, peeled

Method:
~ Put all syrup ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Lower heat and continue to boil until all the sugars dissolved and syrup turns thick. (about 5 minutes). Strain and keep aside.
~ Beat eggs, salt and milk together in a bowl. Set aside.
~ Place a slice of bread on a board, using a rolling pin, roll the bread slice to half its original thickness.
~ Place a banana on one end of the slice and roll up to encase the fruit.
~ Use a toothpick to secure the bread roll from breaking up.
~ Heat up some oil in the frying pan, dip the roll in the beaten egg mixture and deep fry the banana rolls until golden brown.
~ Drain on absorbent kitchen towels, and remove the toothpicks.
~ Cut into half and drip some prepared sugar syrup onto the rolls before serving.



Crispy outside and soft inside...its really a good snack. I admit that its not quite healthy due to frying and those oil used, but i think once awhile to pampered ourselves with such tasty crispy stuffs are not that bad..;p

Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. I love bananas and these look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Moogie,
    This is really yummy and easy. Do have a try and let me know how you find it..:) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, as the Chinese say "水是财“, so think of the water pipe burst is lots of money flowing in!

    So special and yet simple, great recipe. Since you say only took you 20 mins, next time I come must make for me arr, heehee. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey BB....haha! Hopefully it really mean that...:)
    Of course I'll make for you. Waiting to have your bakings too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!! I must know you more before our meet up, will explore your blog more. I have never do anything like this before, look so delicious !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia, thanks and welcome to my blog! This is juz a simple snack which is also my first attempt..:) And its definetely a keeper for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy and mouthwatering dish..nice space

    cheers and do visit me if you can

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping by Jagruti..:) Sure, will spare time to drop by your blog...;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like this, will definately try out one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bakericious,
    Thanks for deropping by....:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails