Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival / Tiramisu Cake

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival or Happy Mooncake Festival or Happy Lantern Festival......whatever, today is the day, and we had great fun..:) What about you?
Besides all the mooncakes I've made, this was the last which I made for today's celebration. Well, it was actually from my previous post "Cendol Agar-Agar". Instead of the 2 layers, this time I've transfered it into the mooncake mould. Hmm....Pretty!!



The filling inside was the gula melaka instead of those lotus paste. We had enough mooncakes with those fillings (lotus, red beans, pandan...etc. etc.) so I think some refreshing ones should be suitable for the party..:)





Once again, wishing everyone has a wonderful and memoriable time..:)
中秋节快乐


**********************************************************
Besides that, it was my dear friend's birthday too. We decided to celebrate with her at her house so the kids may have fun playing with their lanterns too. And that I've made a cake for her...Tiramisu. Inspired by the restaurant, Alexis @ The gardens. I've came out with my version..haha! Not bad leh..;p


The ingredients that you need were as below..














Ingredients for Chocolate Sponge:
250g eggs (weigh without shells)
125g fine sugar
110g Plain flour
50ml water
13g emulsifier
15g Cocoa powder
60g Melted butter
Method:
~ Whisk at high speed eggs, flour and emulsifier until light and fluffy
~ Lastly fold in the melted butter which is already mixed with cocoa powder.
~ Bake in a 9" round lined cake tin for 40-45 minutes at 180'C. (I used two 7" round pan)
~ Cool completely then sliced. ( I sliced into 3 for each 7" cake)


Ingredients & Method for the Cream:
1/2 cup Fresh Cream (Whipped)
250g Mascarpone cheese
30g sugar
~ Cream the cheese then add in sugar. Then fold in whipped cream.
Coffee-Rum Syrup:
1/2 cup hot water
2 tbsps sugar
2 tsps good quality instant coffee powder
1 tbsp rum paste
~ Mixed all together until sugar disolved. Brush onto the sliced sponge before spreading the cream.
Topping / coating:
~ Cook 2 cups sugar into caramel, and add in some chopped almonds (amount depends to individual). Spread thinly on a sheet of parchment paper and let cool.
~ Crushed into small pieces for decoration.



Happy Birthday my dear friend,
Hope you like this cake...^^




10 comments:

  1. Heehee...reminded me of the cake I made for you. ;) So envy that you ladies get to spend the festival and SH's birthday together. :P Glad you all had fun though. BTW, the cendol mooncake also a favorite!Very pretty! BTW, have you found the rose silicon mould in Bake with Yen yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I've just told them about the cake you made for me last year..haha!
    The mould a..no wo. I went last week, but still can't find...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, my second round of Mooncake feasting here ...

    中秋節快樂!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all a happy Mid-Autumn Festival! and your friend a happy birthday! Both treats look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy mooncake festival. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reese, the tiramisu looks so pretty nice and special, I like tall cakes too. The chendol looks good and refreshing after all the traditional mooncakes. 中秋节快乐!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The cake looks so good and pro Reese! I've not make a cake for a long time! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pei-Lin,
    I'm sure you had a great time...:)

    Lyndsey,
    Thank you..:)

    Mr Lonely,
    I'm sure to view..:)

    Jess @ Bakericious,
    Thank you, happy Mid Autumn Festival to you too..:)

    Jane,
    Thank you! You are more to buns, breads and mantaos lately..heehee!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails