Saturday, June 11, 2011

Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Chocolate

Its the last day of school holiday in Malaysia. Everything will be back to normal tomorrow...:( How I wish my holidays don't ends..;p Well, to celebrate the last day of holiday, I created a cheesecake but its not a cheesy type cheesecake..haha! What am I talking about...;p
Okay, the idea just came across my mind when I was shopping at the groceries yesterday. So here is it..Passion fruit Cheesecake with Chocolate!!


I just mixed and matched the recipes from here and there then I feel like eating it with some chocolate. Then was thinking to coat the whole cake with chocolate but it seems like too sweet or too heavy, so at the end..layered them is my final decision.
Want to try this out? Here's the recipe ...


Composition: ( recipe fits for a 7" round pan)
2 slices sponge cake ( I've cut into small rectangles to fit into 2 small rectangle pans )
** Recipe refer here.


Cheese filling:
250g cream cheese
70 caster sugar
80 fresh passion fruit juice
3/4 tbsps gelatine powder
2 tbsps water
250g fresh cream (whipped)
100g melted semi-sweet chocolate


Method:
~ To make the filling, beat the cream cheese with sugar until smooth, stir in passion fruit juice.
~ Melt gelatine powder with water over a simmering water. Stir into cheese mixture, then fold in whipped cream and mix well.
~ Place a slice of sponge into the prepared pan, spread about half an inch cream cheese filling on top of sponge, spread a thin layer of melted chocolate then place another layer of sponge on the chocolate. Lastly cover the top with cheese mixture. (as shown above)
~ Chill overnight and serve cold.


The texture of the sponge is soft, and it's like eating an ice cream cake! My whole family loves it especially my daughter. She has been asking one slice after another, that really please me..:)

Want to have a bite..hehe! I'm going to share with my dear friend later and see what she says..;p


Have a good start tomorrow!!


Cheers!!

4 comments:

  1. It looks really soft and cloud like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese...send a piece over...looks delish! Soft and cottony :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, very creative I must say. Passion fruit and chocolate cheesecake....wonder how it taste...must be heavenly good. :) I have some passion fruit sitting in my fridge now, might just give this cheesecake recipe a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy,
    How are you? Must take care ya..:) Yea, this cake was really soft ^^

    Elin,
    I wish I can...haha!

    Bee Bee,
    This was indeed heaven good in taste and texture. You must try..think you will like it..:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails