Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chocolate Marshmallow Surprise Cookies

Hi all, I've been missing for quite a long time...hehe! I'm back!! I've been quite busy with other stuffs but I'm back into my baking world now...^^
Since the mooncake festival is coming soon, I'll be very busy with those mooncakes!!
Well, today I'll like to post this special cookies made by my daughter and me few weeks back. She wanted to bake this so much for her friends in her school for the English subject. So I came up with this simple and yet really delicious cookies for her.



Well, it looks not so attractive, but it really taste good!

Ingredients:
200g unsalted butter
180g sugar
1 egg
300g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
few marshmallow - cut into small pieces (just enough for the cookies)
some melted white chocolate ( for the top decoration)


Method:
~ Preheat oven at 190'C.
~ Prepare a tray with non-stick baking paper.
~ Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
~ Add in egg and beat well.
~ Sift flour and cocoa powder over mixture.
~ Stir  with a wooden spoon, then clean with hands, pressing the mixture together to make a fairly soft dough.
~ Roll out about half the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 5mm.
~ Using a 5cm biscuit cutter (any shape you prefer) cut out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheets.
~ Place the marshmallow onto the cut dough (like above).
~ Roll out the remaining dough and cut out as before and place on top of each of the marshmallow.
~ Press the dough edges to seal.
~ Bake for 10-12 mins until the cookies have risen well.
~ Cool completely and drizzle with some melted white chocolate onto the cookies.


Tips:
If the dough is too sticky to roll, chill it for about 30 minutes, then try again.


The cookies was so crispy and when you bite it, the marshmallow will be sticky like eating a pizza!! Interesting right?!!
My daughter told me her friends love it so much and wanted to make this again. You have to try this!!


Cheers!!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails