Monday, October 3, 2011

Peanut Santan Layer Kuih

I've been quite busy these few weeks and another 2 weeks to go then I can relax and enjoy my time slowly. You could probably wondering why...huh? Well, it's because I have to spend more time at the office now and back home, I got to do revisions with my daughter for her coming week examinations. Yes, it's very tiring rushing everything in a day, but this does not keep me from baking something nice and delicious..:)

Here's something I'll like to share today. Infect I've done 2 different recipes today!! One for dinner and this lovely kuih for dessert..:D I'll like to share this kuih recipe first then will find another time to share my "dinner" recipe with you!

A fragnant and sweet kuih, that you'll probably love it...Peanut Santan Layer Kuih (Peanut with Coconut milk layer Kueh)


A recipe adapted from "famous cuisine no.70" with alittle modifications.

Ingredients (A):
200g grounded peanuts (as shown as picture below)
60g rice flour
80g tapioca flour
10g green bean starch
200ml thick coconut milk
115g sugar
400ml water

Ingredients (B):
60g rice flour
80g tapioca flour
10g green bean starch
200ml thick coconut milk
115g sugar
200ml water
1/2 tsp salt

Method:
~ Combine ingredients (A) and (B) separately, strain well.
~ Prepare 8" round tray with lined banana leaf or just brush with alittle peanut oil.
~ Spoon batters in tray on sequence by different colour at about 150ml each layer. Covered and steam each layer for 3 minutes over high heat.
~ For the final layer, steam over high heat for further 20 minutes, remove from heat. Leave to cool completely before cutting.

This kuih (almost the same as the layered kuih, 九层糕 ) was so good, chewy and not sweet at all. Love the peanuts and it really goes well with the coconut milk! It was well recieved by my hubby and my daughter..:) My daughter likes to eat it by peeling it layer by layer, she said that's more delicious that way...haha!

I'll like to submit this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011), hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.


Cheers!!

15 comments:

  1. Reese, I've never tried this before. Looks so yummy with the peanut in between :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    Thank you...^^. Its my 1st attempt too...:)

    shaz,
    Thank you!! It is indeed very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy looking kueh with my favourite peanut filling! Interesting, have not seen or eaten anything like it before! But i always like your kuehs, so I'm very sure it's very good! Thanks for sharing this ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee Bee,
    This is definitely your favourite! Do try it out. When I'm making this, I always think of you, cause its your favourite peanuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I see this kueh. Very unique and interesting. I am going to make this once all the jelly tingy is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...this looks good...yummy! Lots of work go into making this beautiful kuih. Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gertrude,
    This was the first time I made too, and its really very good! Btw, your jelly tingy posts are all very very beautiful!!!

    Elin,
    This is very very yummy but not really much work here la, just the toasting and removing the peanuts need alittle more time, the rest quite fast..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the twist of using peanut layer instead of just colouring in layered kueh. I prefer this kueh more for flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This kueh is so special, also my first time seeing it. I always like anything with peanut filling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zoe,
    Yeah I agree with you, more flavours than just colours..:)

    SSB,
    Thank you! I think all peanut lovers will love it...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peanut and satan, no doubt! It must be very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace,
    Yeah....no doubt....very very yummy and its super yummy after chilling it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Reese, this kueh must be very nutty & flavorful with the addition of peanut. The pastel colour looks sweet too. I like! Will try this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hearty Bakes,
    You are most welcome with this recipe. Hope you'll try it soon then let me know whether you love it or not ya...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails