Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My CNY Cookies

Finally finally I get to post up something since last December's turkey...hehe! I'm still in the holiday mood and so I'm too lazy to do anything. (but I'm very keen on going shopping....haha!!)
Well, well....not much to bake this year, only 2 new cookies that I'm eager to try and the rest will be the same like last year.
So here's the 2 new ones and an old one for the moment. I still have a week to go for my cakes and peanut puffs....aiyaya!!!

1st, Sweet Potatoes Chocolate cookies...sounds weird ha!!I was totally no idea how it taste like until I finished baking it. Tell you what....this was so so so good and so crispy!!
This recipe was from a book my aunt bought me from Taiwan last year (午茶小点心). A very good book but with all mandarin written. I got some hard time reading it though...LOL!!


The recipe: (A)
60g sweet potatoes
1/2 tbsp water
1 tbsp castor sugar

(B)
60g chocolate chips

(C)
100g unsalted butter
150g sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
25ml salad oil
200g low gluten flour
1/4 tsp baking soda (optional)


Method:
~ Washed and dry the sweet potatoes (with skin) and cut into small small cubes.
~ Mix water and sweet potatoes cubes in a bowl and into the microwave for 1 minute (covered)
~ Mix in sugar and stir well and in the microwave again for another minute. Set aside.
~ Beat butter and sugar until pale then add in salt, egg yolk and salad oil and beat well.
~ With a spatula, mix in flour and baking soda (if used) then mix into a dough.
~ Take a small amount (like a small fish ball) then wrapped in some sweet potatoes and chocolate chips.
~ Placed on the prepared tray and flatten it. Top with some sweet potatoes and chocolate chips.
~ Bake at preheated oven at 170-180'C for 15 minutes.


2nd, Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies. Recipe from the book published by Seashore, Cookies for all occasions. (过年过节吃饼干)
This was another good one...:)

Recipe:
250g butter
100g icing sugar
100g ground hazelnut
250g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
50g whole hazelnut

Method:
~ Beat butter and icing sugar until creamy.
~ Slowly stir in ground hazelnut, flour and cocoa powder.
~ Using a spatula, mix well into a soft dough.
~ Divide dough into about 10 g each and put into a small paper cups.
~ Press 1 whole hazelnut at the center.
~ Bake in preheated oven at 180'C for 15 minutes or until cooked.

**You may drizzle some melted chocolate on the cookies to enhance the taste.

Then the 3rd one here was my husband's request. Well, he always requested this....haha!
"Harp Tou Sou" (核桃酥)...you may get the recipe here.

I won't be posting anymore for the rest of my old stuffs, and so I'll like to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New year and have a good celebration this year ya...:))

7 comments:

  1. That is so fast to prepare so many cny cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hanushi,
    I'm late already, there are only 1 & half weeks left! And I have so much to do other than baking!! Hope I can make all things done nicely...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese...I think the sweet potato chocolate cookies looks unique. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. There are many good recipes but all in mandarin...me too cant really understand mandarin :) You so rajin, made some many cookies for the CNY :) Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and family..may the dragon year brings good health and prosperity to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese, actually i already eye on your Harp Tou Sou" (核桃酥) and have copy down the recipe and going to make soon, this is also my husband favourite, hehehe..My 1st time seeing sweet potato added into cookie, sound nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elin,
    The sweet potatoes choc cookies are pretty nice and crispy! Ya wo...all mandarin recipes are actually quite special one but need alot time to do translation..haha!
    Gong xi Fa Cai to you & family too!!

    Sonia,
    Oh....the harp tou sou was my childhood cookies leh...my mum used to make this every year and now its my turn to make for her...hehe!
    The sweet potatoes one also my 1st attempt, and it does taste good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wah so special, sweet potatoes in a cookie! But I trust your taste, must be very good! It seems like harp tou soh very popular cookie, but not over here....but I love it too! Hopefully I can try baking these cookies after I finish my order...still have 30+ bottles to go! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bee Bee,
    30+ tubs of cookies....you are totally a super woman!! You can do it my friend!!! 加油!!!!
    Yeah, this sweet potatoes cookies was my first time too and it seems quite nice and crispy..:) The "harp tou sou" ah....I'm not sure whether its porpular here or not but I have been eating this since I was a kid...;p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails