Monday, February 13, 2012

Another Red Bean Bao

Steamed Baos!! I love baos and I always made few to store in the freezer, so whenever I feel like eating, then just take out and steam for 10 minutes, then I'll have hot steam baos...:)) By the way, don't store them in freezer more than 2 weeks lah...hehe! We all know that fresh ones always the best, right?!!
Alright, today I'll like to share one of the easiest and new found recipe of Red Bean Baos! I got this recipe from a book (a gift from my sister) named "Chinese Buns"..包好吃!

The result is good and they do look white and smooth! Will be trying more recipes from this book soon..:)

Somehow, it didn't show or mention on how to knead the dough, so I assumed it'll be the same as my old recipes. Below shows how I cut and wrapped up the dough before using it.

Ingredients:
300g Pau flour or Hong Kong flour
5g instant yeast
5g baking powder (just the normal one)
70g sugar
3g shortening
130-140ml water (add slowly)

Fillings:
about 400g Red bean paste

Method:
~ Mix all ingredients together and knead at high speed for about 5-10 minutes, until it forms a smooth dough. Then take out and roll into a long stripe. You may have a very smooth effect here.
~ Cut into 20 small pieces. (sizes depends to individual). Roll into flat sheets.
~ Wrap in the red bean paste filling, seal tight and round up nicely. Place on top of prepared baos's paper and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
~ Steam over high heat for 5 minutes.

Arrange the Baos like shown above, not too near to each other so that they will not be sticking to each other while steaming. This is really soft and fluffy, and most of all...easy!!



Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to make my own baos. These look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm steamed buns persons. Your wrapping skills is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! I love simple bao recipes! Okay, will make it next Wednesday...when we eat vegetarian, heehee. Thanks horr my dear!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails