Tuesday, February 7, 2012

An Award and My friend's house warming gift

I was honored to received this award from Jane from Passionate About Baking. Thanks for remembering me..:)

In returned I'll like to pass this award to the following bloggers.

HoneyBeeSweets
Table for 2 or more
The Sweet Spot

*******************************

A gift for a dear friend's house warming. Glad that everyone loves it and it really made my day!!

Although its just such a simple small bakes that I can do for her in such a limited time, but I was happy with the outcome and results..:) Hopefully I can bake something alittle more special for her in future!

Some blueberry cupcakes with blueberry butter cream, chocolate cupcakes (a recipe from Elin but with few changes) with chocolate butter cream. All top with some simple fondant...pretty!!
Then surrounded with my signature blueberry cheese tarts...haha! Perfect ya...;p

Chocolate cupcakes with some changes of ingredients here:
I've doubled the recipe here which makes 12 cupcakes.

120 gm butter
160 gm castor sugar
2 egg
180 ml milk
6120 gm dark chocolate
2 teaspoon cocoa powder
4 teaspoon instant coffee granules + 30ml hot water
150 gm self raising flour
80 gm ground hazelnuts

~ Preheat oven to 180C and prepare cupcake cases on baking tray.
~ Combine instant coffee granules and hot water. Set aside.
~ Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg and mix till well combined.
~ Melt the dark chocolate and add to the butter mixture.
~ Sieve together flour, cocoa powder and add half to the butter mixture. Add in the ground almonds.
~ Add in the milk, coffee and the balance of the flour mixture and mix well.
~ Divide into cupcake cases and bake in preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.

Next time when I try to bake this again, I'll never miss out the bailey's cream. Thanks Elin for sharing this wonderful recipe...:)

There are the few designs I got to mould with fondant. It has been such a long time I never practice with it, and only these few simple ones made me so tired...;p

Some small roses, well at least it looks like flowers...haha!

and a butterfly, which is the most simple one with my cutting mould....haha!
I hope I'll have more time to play with fondant again, and more bakes coming...:))

Finished with the blueberry cheese tarts which was the most welcome ones during that night!! Guess my friend will be asking for more....hehe!


Have a nice day!!


Cheers!!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks la fren.
    This month AB, is fondant. Submit la

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little tea cup and cookies! I'm sure your friend loves them very much. I always have this happy feeling when i see new posts from u. So keep baking ok? Btw, thanks for the award my friend...very sweet of you to pass it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcake paper is so special. It has "wings". I like them! Well, it doesn't get long for you to start making fondant well, they looked really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese...thanks for the mention and I am sure your fren loves all your cupcakes that you baked for her. Lovely fondant there :) Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    You are most welcome....I'll go have a look at Ab later...;p

    Bee Bee,
    Thanks dear friend...:)) I, too hope I'll bake more...hehe!

    Jane,
    Thank you and thanks alot for the award..:)) Oh the cupcake paper...yeah, I love it too...and I've bought a whole bunch of it....haha!

    Elin,
    Thank you again for this wonderful Chocolate cupcakes recipe....really love it!! I'll never miss the baileys' Irish cream next round!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reese, so sorry, I have forgotten to mention your wings in my post, I will add in immediately . No photo was taken because your wings was still in the oven when we have started our lunch , hehehe..and forgot to take picture when the wings is done. I think Veron taken the picture, have to wait her post . Anyway, my kids love your wings. Thank you for your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonia,
    No problem...no worries...haha! I'm just wondering and don't know whether you ladies like it or not...;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Reese! The wings were delicious!! And all credit to you lah cos i just follow your instructions to a T :). Hope i did it justice...well, i liked it very much anyway. Thank you for your generosity and hope your situation has improved. Lovely cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon,
    Thank you so much for helping me!! We'll hang around some day since we stay so near to each other ya..:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure!! Give me a call me when things have settled in your part.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, your fondant is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Littleboutiue Village,
    Thank you! I'm so glad that you've enjoy reading my blog...:))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails