Monday, February 27, 2012

Valrhona Chocolate Cupcakes with Valrhona Chocolate Cream

Suddenly feel like baking this morning, so once I woke up..straight into my kitchen and started baking (before having my breakfast)...LOL!! Feel like having some chocolate cakes, with rich chocolate cream....so Valrhona chocolate that's it!! My favourite chocolate!!
A recipe from my collection books, "Favourite Cupcakes & Cheesecakes", published by Page One which I got it long time ago. Well, I didn't follow the recipe to the dot.. infact, I created my own..haha! The result....super yummy!!

The recipe suppose to be a Vanilla Choc Cupcakes, but I wanted it to be with full of chocolate, so I changed it. Anyway, the topping was exactly from the book!
Remember to fill the batter just half of the paper cups so that it won't be over flow. (like below)

Recipe:
225g butter
200g sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup thick cream
1+ 1/2 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g valrhona chocolate (cut into pieces)

Topping:
100g valrhona chocolate (cut into pieces)
20g butter
1/3 cup thick cream
alittle silver balls for decorations


Method:
~ Preheat oven at 160'C. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
~ Add in eggs one by one.
~ At low speed add in flour & baking powder and cream. Mix well.
~ Add in chocolate pieces and beat for another 2 minutes.
~ Spoon into prepared paper cups and bake for 20-25 minutes at 160'C.

Fillings methos:
~ Place chocolate pieces and butter in a deep bowl, double boiled until melted.
~ Remove and add in cream. Mix well and leave to cool.
~ The mixture should be firm and velvety in consistency.
~ Use a fork to apply the icing on the cooled cupcakes and finish with some silver balls.


The texture of the cake was really soft and delicious. Try it out and let me know...I'm sure you'll like it..:)


Cheers!!









4 comments:

  1. This is a good fix for a chocoholic like me, lol! Double the joy with double the chocolate usage, yummy indeed. Okay, I eat two first....nomnomnom...gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tasted Valrhona chocolate before! It seems to be very popular! I need to see where I can get some in Perth..haha. I've shared a blog award with you =) Just hop onto my blog to claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee Bee,
    Yeah...it's your favourite chocolate!!

    Jane,
    Thank you...it was really yummy!!

    CC,
    Thank you for the lovely award!! And yes, you should try Valrhona chocolate...it's heavenly delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails