This is a fine cake that you must try. Highly recommended for the texture and the delicious taste. I never thought they would taste that good because I'm not a fan for beetroot but surprisingly there were good. Trust me, they were really good! Texture were soft and fluffy, goes really well with the cream cheese icing.
By the way I was expecting the outcome will be pinkish red but they were brownish instead, maybe I'll reduce the cocoa powder the next round when I try.
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder (has been reduced to maintain the red colour from the beet)
1.5 cups sugar
1 cup corn oil
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 cup beetroot (cooked & blended)
2 tsps vanilla essence
1 tsp white vinegar
* Preheat oven to 170'C
* Lined paper cups on cupcake mold
* Mix together cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
* Whisk sugar and corn oil in a mixer, add in eggs, milk, blended beetroot and vanilla until combined.
* Stir in white vinegar.
* Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at a time until well combined.
* Spoon the batter into prepared cups.
* bake at 170'C for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before topping with the cream cheese icing.
Cream Cheese Topping:
125g Cream Cheese
60g Icing sugar
* Beat them all together in a mixing bowl until creamy.
* Using a piping bag with a flower nozzle, pipe the icing onto the cooled cupcakes and top with some toasted walnuts if desire.