Monday, November 1, 2010

Strawberry Chiffon Cake

Seeing my friend and the other bloggers's Strawberry Chiffon made my hand itch. I wanted to try this recipe so much that I purposely drive out to the market near by to get a box of fresh strawberries..heehee! With all the other ingredients in hand, I started making immediately. Somehow, the cake was not as pink as the book one.
There are so many versions of this cake when I tried to google it, but since this will be my first time making I'll rather try the one in Chiffon cake is done by Kevin Chai.


Well the outlook of this cake was not as nice as those orange chiffons I made, but the texture was good. Soft and fluffy so it was!!

Ingredients for Egg yolk batter:
200g fresh strawberries
6 egg yolks
60ml cornoil
1 tbsp strawberry paste
120g plain flour
Ingredients for Egg white batter:
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
Method:
~To make egg yolk batter, blend the strawberries until puree. Combine with egg yolks, oil, sugar and strawberry paste in a mixing bowl. Fold in flour until forms batter.
~ To make egg white foam, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar, beating at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
~ Gently fold beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended.
~ Pour into ungreased 9" tube pan. Bake at preheated oven at 170'C for 35 minutes.
~ Remove from oven, invert cake until completely cooled.

There are lots of chiffons in my to-do-list. Will get them done soon..:) What about you?
At the mean time, I've took part at the "Aspiring Bakers #1 : Chiffon Cakes (Nov 2010) by Small Small Baker...;) I'm glad and excited to have the chance to join this monthly event..:)
Happy Baking!!

14 comments:

  1. Nice soft and fluffy strawberry chiffon! I can already imagine the taste, yummy! I bet a certain friend must be very happy she get to taste this delicious cake, heehee. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of chiffons in my to-do list too! i am chiffon crazy for now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. u like to make chiffon cakes hor ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of to bake list for chiffon but hor, need a lot of courage to bake it again cos I have not much luck for chiffon. Your chiffon definitely looks good, soft and fluffy, can eat a few slices at one go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. **Bee Bee, this is very soft and fuffy..:)Cheryl LOVES it but not Ben..he still prefer the same old pandan one..;p

    **crustabakes, same to me...:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. **Swee San, chiffon is light and less oil ma...good for my diet plan..haha!

    **Jess @ Bakericious, I find that chiffon cakes are easier to make leh, its fast and less work on washing due to less oil..;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty chiffon! Want to join in the aspiring bakers event started by me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it Chiffon season now?! I read so many bloggers making Chiffon recently. However your cake looks fluffy and soft, but i can't make it because i don't have that mould.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~ Mary, thank you...:)

    ~ Sonia, want a bite..heehee..;p

    ~ Small Small Baker, I've just read your post and it's interesting. I'll join in the event in my next chiffon cake post. Thanks for asking..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~ Wai Kitt, go get a chiffon pan and start baking!!...^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually you can submit this chiffon since it is posted in Nov. Just email me the details ok. And yes, you can bake more chiffon cakes for this event, waiting for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The texture looks great! I've never tried making a strawberry chiffon though....sounds like a good flavour for chiffon! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails