Sunday, April 17, 2011

Coffee Marble Cake

Lately I was craving for cakes. Wherever I go I'll try to look for special cakes for my tea or supper. *Gosh*...must watch out my diet right!...LOL If you know me well, then you'll ignore me when I said I want a diet..haha! There was once I tried a coffee cake from a hotel, the cake was so moist and soft. And the coffee flavour was what I'm looking for...so yummy! Anyhow, I couldn't get the right touch of the cake after a few attempt. And when I was trying for my 4th attempt last week, I tend to give up for the cake..haha! It was all because the texture of the batter was so weird and watery...my reaction was.."EEEK"!! Well, I did not throw away the coffee batter but used partly of it into my butter cake instead...;p Another version of my butter cake adapted from a bakery nearby my area. Its alittle more creamy and soft than my usual one. And so the idea of the coffee marble came into my mind..:)
Ingredients:

180g fine sugar

250g butter

6 egg yolks

4 egg whites (whisked till soft peak)

250g Plain flour

1 tsp baking powder

250g non dairy cream


Ingredients for coffee paste:

1 tsp good quality coffee powder

1/2 tsp hot water

30g butter batter from the above



Method:

~ Whisked egg whites until soft peak form and set aside.

~ Beat butter and sugar until pale and light, gradually add in egg yolks then follow by the cream.

~ Fold in flour slowly and mix well.

~ Divide egg whites into 3 portions and slowly fold into the egg yolk batter and mix well.

~ Take out 30g from the batter and add in the coffee mixture, stir well.

~ Pour in the butter batter into a 4.5"x9" loaf tin, then pour the coffee batter on top and make a marble effect by using a fork.

~ Bake at 175'C for 45 minutes.


Before I sign off, here's some pictures that I'll like to show you...heehee. (thick skin)..;p

2 cutie sponges that I did for a friend. She actually shared these cakes at her son's kindy last week and she told me the kids love them so much...:D

Recipes and method are the same as the cutie swiss roll I did before. You can have the recipe here..:)



Cheers!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh we truly think alike leh! I just post up a marble cake post then you also did! Hahaha! Anyway, no thick skin lah, it's good that you show us all your new cutie bakes...that's what your blog is for right? BTW, your marble cake recipe looks interesting, with the addition of cream and egg separation method, must be light and creamy, not the usual pound cake texture yah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2 design on the cake are so catchy... I bet the kids will be so fond of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont mind coz it look so lovely! and the cake look soft and delicious! (: (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake slices look really cute. No wonder the kiddies loves it. You are getting really good at baking this. I made a cake from cream too last week and the cake turn out really dense which I am not too keen off. I have to tweak the recipe and make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ Bee Bee...yeah..I saw your post too...heehee! We really think alike..;p Yes..this cake's texture is soft and creamy...maybe you'll like this too..:)

    ~ hanushi, thank you...:)

    ~ The Sweetylicious, thank you too!

    ~ Gertrude, thank you, not really good larr...heehee! My daughter is a big fan of them..;) Oh, somehow I like cakes made from cream more...like the texture though..;p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails