Monday, April 4, 2011

Mocha Walnut Roll

Another coffee flavour one!! I'm a coffee lover, and I really can't live without at least 2 cups a day..;p LOve all kinds of cookies with coffee, cakes with coffee and even if possible dishes with coffee..haha! Is there one?..LOL Before I started with some kuehs, here's another swissroll that I've baked last 2 days. Its a new recipe for me, and well it was a good experiment I did too..heehee! I mix and match those cakes I've done before with some walnuts and wrapped up with some cream I love...and here it goes...;p Actually its quite similar with the one I baked for my mum's birthday last month..;) Recipe: 100g walnuts (finely grind). 30g plain flour. 100g icing sugar. 3 eggs 20g cornoil. 4 egg whites 25g sugar. Fillings: Fresh cream (whipped). Mocha paste. Some melted chocolate Method: ~ Preheat oven at 190'C and lined a 10x14" swissroll tray. ~ Lightly whisk the eggs and icing sugar until well mix. Then add in cornoil and mix well. ~ Add in grinded walnuts and flour and mix well. Set aside. ~ Whisk the egg whites until foamy and add in sugar and continue to whisk with high speed until stiff peak form. ~ Slowly fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Mix well and pour into prepared tray. ~ Bake at 190'C for 12 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely. ~ To make the fillings, just mix in the mocha paste into whipped cream.(amount as desire, I used 2 tbsps into 100g whipped cream) ~ Turn sponge onto sheet of paper (inside faced down) and spread enough cream over sponge. ~ Roll up gently and let chill for 30 minutes, then top with some melted chocolate and roasted walnuts (whole) is desire. Yummy roll, and the texture is really soft. Hope you all will like it! Maybe you can replace the walnuts with any other nuts that you like, I bet it'll taste good!!
Good Day!!

12 comments:

  1. nice swiss roll you have there. i bet is really addictive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Reese! This is something to die for! The combination is just fantastic! Gosh, I must really try this soon! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh this is my kind of swiss roll! with generous dollops of cream! yummyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I'm no coffee lover like you my friend, but I am very sure I will love this cake, heehee! The cake indeed looked very soft and love the generous filling and topping! Looks like you are getting more expert in Swiss roll making already! Applause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reese...I think I would love this coffee flavored swissroll...with walnuts...mmmm yummy thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice,
    Thank you...:)

    Jane,
    You're gonna love this...heehee!

    CaThY,
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean,
    Try it out, you'll love it...:)

    Bee Bee,
    Thanks to my "si-fu" (you know who)..heehee! Thank you so much...:)

    Elin,
    You like coffee too? Woo..I found another "coffee buddy"..heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have coffee at least one cup daily too. Your swiss roll just perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely looking swiss roll you've got there. Making me wish for a piece!

    Btw, there's an award waiting for you at my blog. At the same time, you can also view my not-as-pretty-as-yours Cutie Strawberry Rolls. Thanks Reese for the recipe. (http://mamafami.blogspot.com/2011/04/cutie-strawberry-rolls.html)

    Regards,
    MamaFaMi

    ReplyDelete
  10. How to make mocha paste? Did you buy it in store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, ya..I bought the Mocha paste frm store, I'm no good in making any paste anyway..:p

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails