Friday, August 5, 2011

Steamed Chicken in Lotus Leaf (荷香盐蒸鸡)

Its Friday! Can't wait for our weekend activities again...:) What are you going to do this weekend? We have not much to do, as usual to the park and shopping but spending the weekend with the family is the best!!

Today's dinner...steamed chicken. Since I have lots of lotus leaves left, so I decided to use it for today's dish. Recipe was adapted from my latest book collection, "Flavours From My Kampung" (小城滋味多) by Bryan Ong.

Ingredients:
1/2 chicken
2 slice angelica (dang gui)
1 tbsp chinese wolfberry (qi zi)
8 red dates
1 tbsp shredded ginger

Seasoning:
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsps shaoxing wine

1 piece dried lotus leaf, blanced till soft in hot water and drained.
1 piece aluminium foil


~ Marinated the chicken with all the ingredients and seasoning for at least 30 minutes.
~ Place lotus leaf onto aluminium foil, put marinated chicken onto the leaf (as shown above) and wrap tight.
~ Wrap the aluminium foil tightly as shown below and place on a steaming plate.
~ Steam over hight heat for 45 minutes. Serve hot.


This dish is so good to go with a bowl of hot steamed white rice...yummy! Try it out then you'll know what I'm trying o tell you.



Have a nice Weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hmm... what if I steam a whole chicken in the lotus leaf? That's what I'm thinking now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Wendy, of course you can! Just need a longer time for steaming. Sounds good too...next time I'll steam the whole chicken...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nutritious dish to serve the family. I can imagine the added fragrance from the lotus leaf. Too bad I don't think I can find the lotus leaf here so easily.  but good recipe to keep....thanks yah! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just bought dried lotus leaf recently, made lotus rice yesterday, and you just share with me another yummy recipe to try. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonia,
    You are most welcome with this recipe, hope you'll like it too. My hubby ate so much that day, and said this was really good...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bee Bee,
    Its a good dish, healthy and yummy! Oh, do you want me to help buy the lotus leaf for you? I can ask my dad to help...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails