Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Special Tiramisu Cake

Yesterday was a super great day for me. We went celebrate a friend's birthday at the karaoke nearby and we sang and sang for 4 hours....LOL!! So much fun, that time passed really fast!
Actually we had an early celebration with her, which supposed today is her exact day. Hopefully she has a great time, and there are more birthdays coming soon. Oh, I can't wait for the rest to come...;p
As usual, I volunteered to bake the birthday lady a cake. As her husband suggested a tiramisu, so it solve my problem to search and think what cake to bake. So tiramisu is it!!

This friend of mine love roses so much. So at the last minute, I just made 3 small roses with fondant to deco the top. She actually ate the rose..haha! Oh dear, that was too sweet for her...;p I wanted to make this cake alittle special, so I decorated it differently where usually tiramisu dont't serve that way. See below for the arrangement for the sponge cake.

Recipe for the sponge (8" round pan):
(Chocolate)
3 egg yolks
10g sugar
40g milk
23g corn oil
50g cake flour
10g corn flour
2 tbsps cocoa powder
3 egg whites
30g sugar

3 egg yolks
10g sugar
40g milk
23g corn oil
50g cake flour
10g corn flour
2 tbsps ground hazelnut
3 egg whites
30g sugar

Method:
~ Beat egg yolks and 10g sugar till well mix, then add in oil and milk. Stir well.
~ Add in flour mixture then cocoa powder and mix well. Set aside.
~ Whisk egg whites with 30g sugar till soft peak forms.
~ Fold into egg yolk batter slowly and pour into 7" round pan (with parchment paper).
~ Bake at 180'C preheated oven for 20 minutes or till cook.
~ Remove from pan immediately and let cool.

** Do the same for the Hazelnut sponge.
** Then cut and arranged like the above pictures.

Recipe for the cream:
1/2 cup double cream (whipped)
250g cream cheese
250g mascarpone cheese
60g sugar
2 egg yolks
2-3 tsps coffee paste
1 tbsp Rum

~ Cream both cheeses first then add the rest of the ingredients and beat until well mix. Then the cream is ready to use.
~ Spread the cream on each layer of the cake.
~ Lastly spread the cheese cream all over the cake and drip some coffee paste on top of the cake and make some swirl pattern.
~ Chill the cake at least 4 hours before serving.

** For the almond Caramel, you can refer to my older post here.



Happy Birthday Friend!!!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake. You are very creative and innovative. I like your ideas. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea to make the cake looks different. That's very creative! Thank you for sharing this super idea. I would like to try it out when I got time to make a birthday cake for my love one. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this tiramisu is just so amazing...*Thumbs Up* to you. Your friend must be very happy indeed!

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm confused...in a way I'm really happy you ladies had so much fun. But in another I felt kind of sad I wasn't there to be part of it. *sigh* when I saw the photos on FB...the first reaction was "am I replaced?" lol! Anyway, I shouldn't habour such selfish thoughts....Happy Birthday to your dear friend! ;) love the cake checkered method, very special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ Venorica's Kitchen,
    Thank you so much!!

    ~ Kitchen Corner,
    Thank you too, this idea actually was adpated from another book I have, so I just applied it here...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ Angeline,
    Thank you, and yes, my friend love it...:)

    ~ Bee Bee,
    Of course you are not left out and no one can replace you!!! You are you, the special you...:) We always think of you and always talk about you...did you sneeze often?...haha! People said when someone is talking about you, you'll sure sneeze...^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reese...that is so creative but how do you managed to cut them so perfect round rings of the same diameter ? That is good one ! Salivating now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elin,
    Thank you! About the round rings, I cut them with the foundant cutter (those aluminium round ones) which I have the whole sets bought long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi reeskitchen
    what type of milk do i use for your both sponge cake recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used full cream milk for the sponges, any brand will do.

      Delete
  10. This looks like a perfect birthday cake! Beautiful slice!

    Gretta Hewson
    San Antonio Asbestos Lawyer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails