Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Angku with coconut fillings


I've made these during last 2 weeks school breaks for my parents and sisters. This time i decided to use coconut instead of mung beans. Its my husband's favourite though, to me....i eat anything..ha ha!
I remember i ate some with white coconut fillings long time ago, so i made 2 types. 1 cook with white (castor) sugar and another with 'gula melaka' (brown rock sugar). And it turned out everybody prefered the brown ones. I think it taste nicer.....hmmm.
Well for the recipe of the coconuts....i just bought some fresh shredded coconut @ the market, then stir fry for alittle while with those sugar i used.
I used:
100g Fresh shredded coconut
50g white (Castor) sugar or 50g mashed 'gula melaka' (palm sugar)
2-3 tbsps of water to melt the sugar
** Mix everything in a wok, stir-fry for about 5-10 mins, then done
** Cool it before wrapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails