Friday, September 18, 2009

Peanuts and Trotter Stew

Last week, when we visited my inlaws back at our hometown (Seremban), my mother-in-law gave me a big grilled trotter and some grilled pork. Those were so fresh and the skins were so crispy. Cooked some of it last 2 days, but i still have quite alot amount resting in my frezzer.
So here is it.....Trotter Stew with Peanuts. My mother used to cook this quite some time ago, and i remember the sauce and the meat really goes along well with some streamed white rice.
So then, called my mum! Got the recipe and get started.....



Besides the peanuts, mushrooms were added. When stewing this dish, my whole kitchen was filled with the wonderful aroma...:) Already feel hungry.....hee hee!
The amount i cooked is more than enough for my dear friends to try...hope they like it!

Here's the recipe..

1 no (about 1-1.5kg) Front Trotter (i used grilled ones)
10 Black mushrooms (soak with alittle sugar, so it will soften faster)
6-8 cloves Garlic (whole)
1 small bowl of (raw) Peanuts (soak overnight)

Seasoning:
a little light soy sauce
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1-2 tsps Sugar
a little salt (optional)

1-2 bowl of water
alittle constarch + water ( to thicken the sauce at the end)

Method:
~ Saute the garlic and peanuts for about 5 minutes, then add in the rest of the ingredients.
~ Stir -fry awhile then add in all the seasoning. (the salt may be avoided if its salty enough)
~ Then add in 1 small bowl of water first, bring to boil.
~ Slower the fire and stew for 1-2 hours until te peanuts and meat tender and soft.
( water may need to add again while stewing.)
~ Stir once awhlie every 30 mins of stewing.
~Lastly when its cooked, add some cornstarch to thicken the sauce.


Easy and delicious...:) Do try it out and let me know...Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very flavorful dish, very nice with steam rice. Thanks for sharing this with me and my family. ;) BTW, pass u back your tubbleware when I come back horr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how's ur holiday? No problem larr, anytime will do..:) See you soon....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails