Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cheesy Pancakes

*phew*..finally I got some time for myself after a busy day. Yeah, its a Saturday and yet it was busier than my weekdays. Busy with unfinished housework and also fully booked by my daughter's weekend activities. Its really not and easy job to take care of a child. Agree?
Me, being a mother cum driver..haha!

Okay, to start of my day, I've cooked myself a fulfilling breakfast. One of my favourite.....
Pancakes! Having miss and match with some other recipes, here's my version. And it turns out super good..:)




Ingredients:
100g Self raising flour
25g Sugar
1/8 tsp salt
75ml Fresh milk
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites (lightly whisk)
1tbsp Cornoil
4-5 tbsps Grated Cheddar Cheese

Method:
~ Mix flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
~ Make a well in the center of the flour, add in egg yolks, milk and oil. Stir until smooth.
~ Add in whisked egg whites into batter without beating.
~ Lastly add in grated cheddar cheese and mix well.
~ Spoon onto hot pan (without oil) to pan fry until golden brown on both sides.



Lovely! We love it with some honey and syrup. It makes me hungry again looking at the pictures..;p
I'm going to take a day off from my kitchen tomorrow, no...not even to toast a bread! I want some rest..:)
Have a nice weekend everybody...Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I last made pancakes!! I miss my hotcakes!! Thanks for reminding me! Yours look good! How do you find time to blog frequently? I fail to do that, LOL!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pei-Lin,
    Thanks!
    Besides working (just half day in office) and taking care of my girl, I'll be in the kitchen. So other than that, I'll be in front of my laptop..haha! I'm quite a nervous and tense person, that's why I just can't wait to do everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and tasty looking pancakes! This is one of Amelia's favorite breakfast. I would usually make pancakes average 3 to 4 times a month...but have not tried cheese flavor before. Thanks for sharing this, will try your recipe next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bee Bee,
    Pancakes were not Cheryl's favourite, but after she tried this, she wants me to make again..:) Bet Amelia will like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Reese, I like your new blog colour, very bright and nice. Frankly speaking, I have never prepared pancakes in the morning, lazy mum right? OK, I bookmark your recipe and prepare this for my kids in one of this weekend. Thanks for sharing. Aiyah, I also like you, mother and driver, hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia,
    Thanks..:) Actually after reading most of the bloggers' I found mine was dull...hee hee! So just give it a face-lift!
    Do try this, its easy and yummy! Bet your kids will love it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll like this pancakes. Savory one!! I've not tried savory pancake before but I think it would be very tasty, just like the cheesy scones I tried last time. Thanks for sharing this, will give this a try one of this day. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi KC,
    This has become my family favourites! Hope you'll like it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    Its indeed good. Consecutively 2 days we have been eating this for our breakfast !

    Btw, the egg do we need to beat still white?
    It taste great !

    Ling

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ling,
    Great to here that you like this too. No, you don't have to whisk the egg white till pale, juz lightly until bubbly then fine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails