Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mini Banana Chiffon Cake

Holiday...HOLIDAY!! 2 more days there'll be the first term break for all schools in Malaysia. It seems that I'm more excited than the kids...lol! I need a break, I need to shop, I need to gather with dear friends and I need to bake!! WOW...it seems 1 week is not enough for me!!
When I am in such a good mood, I used to sleep less and spend more time in the kitchen..heehee!
I've just baked a mini size banana chiffon for our breakfast tomorrow. This was adapted from Kevin Chai's chiffon cake is done, but with some adjustment to fit in my 4" mini chiffon pan..;p
Though this was my very first time of baking a banana chiffon cake, and you know what happen?
I've inverted the pan once done, and left the house to fetch my little girl. Then when we got home, my cake was lying on the table istead..haha! I thought I fail but no no...it was still good!
Here's it..have a look!

Soft and fluffy it was. Happy with it and of course I've shared half of it with my dear friend. Yup, she said nice...:D Then my daughter took a piece, I took a piece...well well, there are only 3 left..haha! Suppose to be our breakfast...LOL!


Okay, if you want to bake a small chiffon using only a 4" pan, here's the recipe..:)

Egg yolk batter:
3 egg yolks
1/8 tsp salt
30ml cornoil
85g banana (smashed)
20g sugar
55g plain flour

Egg white foam:
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
45g sugar

Method:
~ Preheat oven at 170'C.
~ To make egg yolk batter, lightly whisk sugar, salt and egg yolks together, then add in oil, smashed banana and mix well. Lastly add in flour and mix to form a batter.
~ To make egg white foam, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form then gradually add in sugar beating at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
~ gently fold beaten egg white foam into wgg yolk batter until well blended.
~ Pour into 4" chiffon tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 170'C for 25-30 minutes until tester comes out clean.
~ Remove from oven and invert cake until completely cooled.

Have a nice weekend!!



10 comments:

  1. Woman, I seriously think we are in sync now! I just posted a chiffon cake post too, hahaha! We are in the same mood too! Happy, excited and always baking, hee! I've been baking everyday for the past 4 days ( no time to post though) oh yeah counting down the 48hrs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this book as well and my chiffons fell off the mold too! -_-" your cake look really fluffy and light!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee bee made chiffon cake you also made chiffon cake ha ha.. You two think alike :) I always like chiffon cake especially the traditional flavor of pandan. I have yet to try it out with bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese, I have not eaten a chiffon cake for ages. I did not like ehat is old in the market. Yours looks light and fluffy and I am sure it taste very good. I baked a cinnamon pear cake today but it is a failure:( I m such a lousy baker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so soft and fluffy and light! Next time, you'll have to make a bigger cake and share with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now totally in the mood for chiffon cake...it looks so airy and soft! I am going to be making a trifle soon...i think i may add a chiffon cake layer...mmmmmmm!
    -abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Gertrude, you both have the same cravings at the same time huh :) hers pumpkin and yours banana...great ones too :)

    Thanks for sharing the recipe Reese and I am looking forward to more bakes from you since today is the last day for school :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bee Bee,
    I saw your post of chiffon once after I posted mine..haha! Waiting to see you...:)

    Jean,
    Thank you, it a good book right..;) This was the first time my chiffon fell from the pan, scary..heehee..;p

    Gert,
    Ya lo, the same time we had same post..haha! You are the same as my hubby, he alwasy like the pandan ones..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veron,
    You are not lousy baker okay, we did tried your bakes, and they were all lovely and delicious. I did have lots of failure on baking too, next time tell you..haha!

    Nel,
    Thanks, yeah..next time I have to make a bigger one...;p

    cake,
    Thank you and happy baking...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elin,
    Thank you...heehee! Bee Bee's pumpkin chiffon is a new recipe to me, it was so extraordinary..;p Mine banana version is just an old version that almost everybody had tried before.
    Hopefully I can bake more this coming week...;p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails