Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Apple Cake / Muffin 苹果小蛋糕

Its July, and its already half a year pass for 2011. I can't wait for the year ends holiday which we had planned for almost a year but in another hand, I'm worry of getting old..hehe! My wrinkles are so obvious and my health is not getting any better..:( Wish I can leave a long life at least to see my daughter weds...haha! I'm talking like an old lady now...okay okay, lets go into my post today.
I've made this cute little bear cake for my daughter yesterday. Its an apple cake which was adapted from the book "The Lifestyle Cuisine Magazine And Cookbooks, issue 68". The original recipe was to steam the cake but I baked it instead..;p

The ingredients are healthy and the steps are easy too. Let's have a look....

Ingredients:
(A)
2 eggs
60g sugar (original called for 70g)
1 tsp ovelette / emulsifier

(B)
130g cake flour / plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

(C)
150g red apples (original called for 100g) ~ Peeled, discard core and blend with a pinch of salt till smooth paste
70ml corn oil


Method:
~ Mix the corn oil with the apple paste and keep aside.
~ Whisk egg, sugar and ovelette become soft forms, then gradually add in ingredients (B), mix until well combined.
~ Add in apple paste mixture and mix well.
~ Spoon batter into greased heatproof cups or any muffin cups or pans as you desire but the depth must not be more than 2" deep.
~ Bake at 180'C for 15 minutes.


The texture was soft and fuffy even up till the next day. It has a simple taste of apples and eggs, and I think its the most healthier snack for the little ones. My daughter grabbed 2 yesterday after her dinner and 2 for her breakfast this morning, she told me she just love the bears...haha! She didn't mention about my cake..;p


Hope you'll like it too..:)
Cheers!!

9 comments:

  1. Such cute little bear cakes.  I think I can eat 5 at one go! Heehee! I have a bunch of apples from my MIL, looks like I can try this out then. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, try this out Bee Bee, its easy as 1, 2, 3...:) And its delicious & healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pan looks so cute. Mana beli?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These teddy cakes are super cute...:)!! Love the shape :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    I can't remember where i bought this pan leh...hehe! If i'm not mistaken then its from Bake with Yen from Taman Megah here or Seremban..;p

    Cooking Gallery,
    Thank you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for ur great recipe, I use it and replace it with my kiwi and in form of donuts. Yummy!!
    http://priscillarecipes.blogspot.sg/2013/04/cheat-version-donut.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails