Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chocolate Cornflakes Biscuit

Hi dear readers and friends, I'm back with a simple easy post today. I've been alittle quiet lately due to my joints problem but I feel much better now. For the last 2 weeks I hardly bake and cook and I find rather guilty for my dearest daughter to eat out most of the time. I promise her that I'll bake and cook something nice for her when I feel better, and today I'm back to my kitchen again..;p Hope there are more for me to share with you...:)


About today's post, its a simple and delicious biscuit that I found in the Malaysian Women's Weekly magazine (August issue). I've changed and replaced some ingredients though, actually I'm out of those ingredients at home..hehe! The biscuits turned out delicious and everyone loves it.



Ingredients:
250g butter
1 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour (original called for self raising flour)
2 tsp baking powder (avoid this if you are using self raising flour)
1 cup original cornflakes
1.5 cups milk chocolate chips
2 cups mixed fruits (original called for 1 cup sultanas & 1 cup glace cherries)


Coating:
3 cups original cornflakes (lightly crushed)

Method:
~ Preheat oven at 180'C. Lined 2 trays with parchment papers.
~ Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
~ Fold in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
~ Round up a small portion of mixture (about a fish ball size) and coat with crushed cornflakes.
~ Place on the prepared tray and slightly flatten it as shown above. (3cm apart from each other)
~ Bake at 180'C for 15 minutes until golden. Cool before storage.

If you like chewy biscuits, this is the recipe you must keep. Very crispy outside and chewy inside..super delicious!!


Cheers!!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. Is it Arthritis? I know the pain very well. I was having Chikungunya two years ago and my joints were in pain for 9 months. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gert,
    I'm having this Rheumatoid Arthritis for 10 years already. I'm on chinese medication at the begining for 7 years and lately these few years I'm seeing a Rheumatologist. Basically I'm under controlled. Thank you..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to bake this awesome looking cornflake cookies! Looks crunchy good! Furthermore I just bought a super size box of cornflakes...just nice for this. ;) BTW, have been wanting to whatsapp you....hope u are free to chat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee Bee,
    This is really good and you'll love it! I think your girls will love it too!! Yea, I'll be free to whatsapp...why not tomorrow evening, I'll "whatsapp" you...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reese, so sorry to hear of your joint pains. I know it is just impossible to want to do anything when you have those pains. I have those pains all the time and on a bad day where it is too bothering, I take some pain killer to feel better. You are too young to have joint pains my dear, do check with the doctor what is the cause. The earlier you know, the faster you can get it treated ya? Take care my dear, we do not want you to have the pain and not able to cook or bake for we will miss your lovely bakes. These biscuits sound so good and so easy to make too. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi veron,
    Thank you so much. Actually I've been seeing a doctor/Rheumatologist for quite some time. I've been having this joint problem for about 10 years already and now I can say its under controlled though it may pain once awhile.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails