Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Black Sesame Buns

After 2 weeks of cakes, its time for some bread..;p I'm craving for breads lately, maybe after eating too much cakes I think..heehee! Well, I'm not an expert on breads and buns, but I like to make them myself, especially the process of it. I enjoy the process, most of all the kneading part where I can knead and press and pull..haha! Sounds crazy and torturing..;p Then the final part I enjoy so much is that trying to eat the hot breads out from the oven...yummy!
Well, not always that my breads turned out perfectly soft but this time, it is! The recipe was adapted from the book recommended from my dear friend (who is an expert on breads).."老师的100道麵包".


Oh I just love this so much! This was done this morning, which I took 1 right after baked. Then 2 more now with some butter spread on the plain ones, and of course with a cup of hot black coffee. Oh this way of having my tea break was totally heaven!


Here's the recipe (in English)

(A)

250g bread flour

25g sugar

1/4 tsp salt

4g instant yeast

10g milk powder

160g water


(B)

10g unsalted butter (I used salted one)

20g Black sesame powder (where you can get from the organic shop)


(C)

1 egg (lightly beaten)

some black sesame seeds

Method:

~ Mix Ingredients (A) together with high speed until a dough form.

~ Add in butter from (B) and knead the dough until smooth and elastic.

~ Add in sesame powder from (B) and mix with medium speed until well blended.

~ Place dough in a deep bowl and covered with cling form and let rest for 80 minutes.

~ Punch out air from dough and divide dougn into small balls (I made 12 small ones)

~ Round up the small dough and place on a tray with parchment paper, brush with egg wash and top with sesame seeds.

** I did 4 little buns with red bean fillings.

~ Let buns rest for another 30 minutes, then bake at 170'C for 10-12 minutes.

The top here were some with red bean fillings. (My daughter's request..;p)

There'll be another bread post soon (if I success) before I move on to other recipes..heehee!


Cheers!!












7 comments:

  1. Ai ya, I'm far from expert lah, lol! I have much to learn too. :P But this is indeed an excellent book. This black sesame bread looks like the kind that my parents would love, will try when I find black sesame powder. Can see the soft fluffy texture! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese, this bun must be fragrant with the black sesame powder.thanks for sharing the recipe;) I have stop making bun for a while to let the wild boar take a rest ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ Bee Bee, you are a good baker and an expert to me..;p Remember my swissroll...its a disaster before you taught me the right way. Then remember my very first bread to share with you..Oh so terrible...;p At least now everything can be eaten nicely..haha!

    ~ Elin, you are welcome. This was indeed a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These buns look beautiful and I love the generous amount of black sesame on top, must be very aromatic :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea, I think making bread is therapeutic. The pulling, kneading, punching is good to get the frustration and stress out ha ha.. I too love to knead bread. I am not good at making bread either. I still need a lot of practice especially from Sifu Bee Bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am imagining myself enjoying your soft buns with a cup of hot coffee.... mmmmmm... heaven on earth....mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ Cooking Gallery, thank you...me too!

    ~ Gertrude, me too, still need alot of practice.

    ~ MamaFaMi, haha...Yeah you are right, and I always have breads and buns wih my coffee..:D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails